Become An Agent / Broker
APPOINTMENT OF INTERMEDIARIES
A.) Minimum requirements for the appointment of an intermediary:-
- Must not ran any other business alongside the insurance agency/brokerage (sole Business)
- The Principal Officer must have a proven record with a recognised Underwriter, intermediary or health provider (experience).
- Where 1 & 2 do not apply the intermediary must have been in business for at least two years, and transacting business worth Shs.10,000,000.
- The Principal Officer to be interviewed by Life Manager or Business Development Manager.
B.) On appointment the following conditions will apply:-
- Minimum debited income for the first six month should be Shs.500,000/= excluding any already in our books.
- A new account every month.
- The portfolio mix must be balanced with not more than 50% being motor business.
- By the end of second year UAP's share must be 40% of the total turnover.
- Business Development Division to monitor the above and hold discussions with the intermediary through the monthly business performance.
C.) When applying to UAP for appointment as an agent:-
- Completed UAP Application Form.
- Certificate of Registration of Business OR Certificate of incorporation.
- National ID Cards of Directors/Principal Officer.
- Current Registration Certificate as an Agent issued by Commissioner
- C O P Certificate/Exemption letter.